Should United Kingdom citizens apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
Reliable Vietnam visa on arrival for United Kingdom passport holders
United Kingdom citizens are exempt from Vietnam visa for 15 days
As described in Resolution No. 46 / NQ-CP dated 18/06/2015 of the Government, the visa exemption period is valid from 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016
On June 30, 2016, the Government issued Resolution No. 56 / NQ-CP on the extension of unilateral visa exemption for United Kingdom citizens which ends on June 30, 2017.
British National Oversea (BNO) passport holders are not eligible for visa exemption under this resolution.
On June 9, 2017, the Government issued Resolution No. 46 / NQ-CP, renewing 01 year from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018 visa exemption for citizens of French if the person is qualified as listed below:
- Having a period of stay not exceeding 15 days;
- Having a valid passport issued by the competent authority of the country of which he/ she is a citizen and the passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- The time of entry must be at least 30 days before the visa exemption period.
If the United Kingdom citizen could not meet the above requirements, that person is required to have appropriate visa to enter Vietnam.
Notice: In accordance with Decision No 80/2013/QĐ-TTg of the Prime Minister dated December 27, 2013, holders of foreign passports are exempted from visa requirement for entry into, exit from Phu Quoc island with duration of stay that is no longer than 30 days. In case the holders of foreign passports before entering Phu Quoc had transit through other international border gate of Viet Nam, he/she also enjoys such exemption.
How to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
Instead of visiting the Vietnamese Embassy in United Kingdom, the applicants could complete the procedure online if applying for Vietnam visa on arrival:
Step 1: Fill in the online application form with their exact passport information and visa requests;
Step 2: Make the payment for their visas;
Step 3: Receive the visa approval letter sent to their emails after two working days;
Step 4: Get visa stamp at the arrival airport.
However, before applying for online Vietnam visa, the applicants should learn about these characteristics:
- It allows them to travel by air only;
- It is required them to have at least 6 month valid passport which includes as less as one blank page.
- It is obliged that they apply for the visa upon arrival before arriving at the Vietnamese International airport to receive the approval letter for picking up visa stamp at the place.
T: 024.66888684 / 0989.313339
Quảng Binh & Miền Trung: 0232.3868666 / 0232.3836333/ 090 3295 730
Huế / Đà Nẵng: 0989313339 | 0988 262616
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com